- Jan 24, 2019
Recommend tools :
- Notepad++ editor (I love it, its free click here to download it) (We will use it to edit configuration files )
- FTP client (to upload vBulletin 5 files to your server)
after creating database and database user with full privileges you need to save them to text file because we'll need them to make correct configuration files.
Installation Steps :
- Download vBulletin 5 connect ZIP file from members area (https://members.vbulletin.com/) If you have problems logging to your account, please contact support team.
- Extract the zip file
- Open upload directory rename config.php.bkp to config.php and open it (If you install notepad++ open open the file with it, Don't open it with WordPad) and Edit the following variable
$config['baseurl'] = 'http://www.yourdomain.com/folder';
$config['baseurl'] = 'http://www.vbulletin.com/forum';
- Save config and close it
- Change it 'forum' with the new created database name (if you're using cpanel don't forget to add your cPanel username and underscore before your database name I.E. vbulletin_forum if my cPanel username is vbulletin and created database name is forum)
$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'forum';
- change it with your email address (Leave this blank to not send any emails when there is a database error.)
$config['Database']['technicalemail'] = '[email protected]';
- change them with the database username and password
$config['MasterServer']['username'] = 'root'; $config['MasterServer']['password'] = '';
- On a few systems it may be necessary to input the full path to your forums directory for vBulletin to function normally. You can ignore this setting unless vBulletin tells you to fill this in. Do not include a trailing slash!
$config['Misc']['forumpath'] = '';
- Save config.php file
After uploading files navigate to the install script if your domain name is vbulletin.com and vbulletin directory is forum it will be
Follow the installation wizard, When you done don't forget to delete install.php and makeconfig.php files from core/install directory.